PHP MySQL Course Content
1. Writing PHP scripts
- Writing PHP scripts, learn about PHP code structure, how to write and execute a simple PHP script and to add comments within your code.
2. Variables and Data Types
- Learn about Variables, values and Data Types in PHP: boolean, integer, float, string, array, object, Resource, null.
3. Numbers and mathematical 0perators
- Introducing Numbers and mathematical 0perators, some PHP functions for more complex operations with numbers.
4. PHP Strings
- Working with strings, using simple and double quotes, escaping quotes and other characters, concatenating strings, some functions for strings.
- Introducing Constants, syntax for defining constants, differences between variables and defined constants.
6. Superglobal $_SERVER Array
- Get information such as headers, paths, and script locations by using elements from Superglobal $_SERVER Array.
7. PHP Error Handling and Debugging
- PHP MySQL course - Error Handling, debugging and trigger errors and how to adjust the level of error reporting, handling exceptions.
8. If ... Else conditionals, Comparative and Logical operators
- Make PHP script takes decisions with If, Else, Elseif conditional statements. Compare two values with Comparative and Logical operators. The ternary operator.
9. Using HTML Forms
- Using HTML Forms, PHP form handling, get data sent from form fields through GET and POST method, form validation.
10. $_GET, $_POST and $_REQUEST Variables
- How to send data with get and post methods to a PHP script and access it with superglobal $_GET, $_POST and $_REQUEST variables.
11. Switch ... Case ...
- PHP MySQL course - Switch ... Case ... conditional statement, switch with break and default instructions.
12. While Loops
- Using While and Do Wile Loops. End the While loops with the break instruction. Syntax and examples.
13. For and Foreach Loops
- Using for() and foreach() Loops. End the "For" loops with the break instruction. Syntax and examples.
14. PHP Arrays
- Creating Numeric (indexed) Arrays and Associative arrays. Accessing, modifying and traversing array elements.
15. Multidimensional arrays and array functions
- Creating and working with multidimensional arrays, some array functions, traversing and sorting multidimensional array elements.
16. PHP functions
- Creating and using your own functions with or without parameters, calling functions, the return statement, recursive functions.
17. Functions, Variable scope and Passing by Reference
- Variable scope and Functions. Using GLOBAL and STATIC variables, passing variables by Reference.
18. Include and Require
- Insert the content of external files into a PHP file with Include and Require functions, include_once, require_once.
19. File Handling with fopen
- File Handling with fopen(), create new file, write and read text file content with fopen(), fwrite(), fread() and fgets() functions. Moving the internal pointer, rewind() and fseek().
20. File Upload
- This lesson shows how to upload files on the server, with PHP and an HTML form. Uploading files script.
21. Exploring Folders
- Exploring the Folder system, creating folders with PHP, reading a directory content. Get information about a file path
- HTML Forms
- Explain about html form properties and how it works
- Connect HTML forms with PHP
- Setting and accesing cookies with PHP, retrieve a Cookie value, deleting cookies.
- Setting and handling Session variables. Accessing and deleting session, destroy sessions. Store encrypted data in sessions.
24. RegExp - Regular Expressions
- RegExp patterns - Regular Expressions. Examples with preg_match, preg_match_all, and preg_replace functions for string matching and string substituting operations.
25. Date and Time
- Date and Time functions, handle date and time information, UNIX timestamp, set and get time values.
26. DateTime and DateTimeZone classes
- Handle date and time information with PHP DateTime and DateTimeZone classes and objects, reset /change Timezone, get the difference between two dates.
27. Sending E-mails
- Sending E-mails, mail() function. Create a mail contact form script, validate e-mail address, filter input email data, and add the "From", "Conten-Type" (utf-8), and "Reply-To" headers in the email.
28. PHP MySQL Introduction, Data Types
- PHP MySQL Introduction, database structure, tables. MySQL naming rules, and column's data types.
29. PHP MySQL - using MySQLi
- Using MySQLi object-oriented (MySQL Improved) to connect to MySQL server. Perform SQL queries to create a database and tables.
30. PHP MySQL - INSERT INTO
- Insert data in MySQL table with MySQLi object, INSERT INTO query. Get the auto ID from the last INSERT query with insert_id() method. Insert data from a form into a database.
31. PHP MySQL - SELECT, ORDER BY
- Retrieve and display data from a MySQL table, SELECT SQL command. Determine the number of records to return with the LIMIT option. Sort query results with ORDER BY clause (ASC and DESC).
32. PHP MySQL - WHERE and LIKE
- Selecting specific data from a database with the WHERE clause and Conditionals. Check for string matching with LIKE and NOT LIKE terms.
33. PHP MySQL - UPDATE
- UPDATE query to edit / change existing records in MySQL table.
34. PHP MySQL - DELETE
- The DELETE statement, used to entirely remove records from a database table.
35. MySQL Aliases and Functions
- Using MySQL Aliases and functions, text, numeric / mathematical, and date and time functions.
36. SQL Joins
37. SQL Views
38. OOP - Classes and Objects
39. OOP - Creating Classes and Objects
- OOP (object-oriented programming), creating classes and objects. Setting properties and methods in a class, with public, private or protected attribute. Instantiate an object of a class.
40. OOP - Constructor Method
- Creating classes with a Constructor Method, __construct(). Setting optional parameters in a constructor method.
41. PHP OOP - Accessor and Destructor methods
- How to use Accessor methods to set and get property values, defining Destructor methods. PHP functions for checking data type.
42. OOP - Constants, Static Properties and Methods
- Defining and accessing class Constants, Static Properties and Static Methods.
43. OOP - Inheritance, class extends
- Inheritance, learn how to extend a class, create subclasses (child classes) that inherit all of the public and protected methods from a parent class. Overriding methods.
44. OOP - Final Classes and Methods
- OOP - Final Classes and Methods, how to create a class that cannot be extended, and methods that cannot be overridden.
45. OOP - Abstract classes
- Creating Abstract classes and methods, extends an abstract class.
46. PHP OOP - Interfaces
- Interface, a special class used like a template for classes, defines the methods required in a group of similar classes.
47. Functions with Object and Array arguments
- How to set functions to accept only certain data type for its parameters, Object and Array arguments.
PHP - XML
48. XML Documents
- XML Documents, a brief introduction of initiation, the syntax and structure of an XML document. XML and DTD (Document Type Definition)
49. PHP XML DOM
- Creating XML documents with PHP XML DOM (Document Object Model), DomDocument object, read and modify data in XML documents
50. Simple XML
- PHP MySQL course - Using the SimpleXML functions to read and modify XML content
51. PHP - Sample Application Development
- Explains how to develop a web based application
52. MVC - Overview
- MVC architecture and its components